February 2, 2012 in dessert
Let’s take a break from the healthy food and dig into this recipe that I found on Pinterest the other day. Frankly I saw the name and decided that based on name alone, this recipe had to be made ASAP! I can’t take any credit for the recipe but had to post it because it is fun, a little different, and just what a mom’s night out called for!
Let me summarize the recipe for you. Layer of chocolate chip cookies, layer of oreo style cookie, layer of brownie. How could that be bad!? I think you could make it with your favorite of these style recipes but I can vouch for this combination.
If you check out Gabby’s post (who I got the recipe from), you will see her squares are crisp and precise. I cut my brownies while hot and gooey – they were delicious! But not as pretty. What follows is Gabby’s recipe almost exactly – just reshuffled. Enjoy!
For the Cookie Dough layer:
- 1 c unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1 t salt
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips – 1 regular package
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan with foil and then spray with a layer of baking spray.
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Layer 1/2 of the cookie dough on the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan, pressing down to form the bottom of the slutty brownies. Reserve the remaining cookie dough to be used to make cookies later in the day.
(I really do not recommend eating the cookie dough raw. With a spoon. No matter how good you think it is. Your thighs won’t appreciate it. Uh, for real.)
For the oreo layer:
- 1 package of Oreo style cookies – I used a non-HFCS style of course
- Layer oreo cookies on top of the cookie dough.
For the Brownie layer:
- 8 T unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 c white sugar
- 3/4 c cocoa powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c flour
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is melted. Whisk to combine and remove from heat.
- Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined.
- Add the flour and continue to mix. Set batter aside.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the oreo layer and make sure it’s even.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test with a knife to see if the center is done. If the knife comes out clean, let the brownies rest before serving. If the knife comes out with batter still on it, allow the brownies to bake about 5 minutes more.
Two extra, but very random thoughts: First, cut your nails short before pushing the cookie dough into the pan. Dough in nails is gross. Second, go paint your nails red while your brownies bake. Red nails & slutty brownies are a natural combo. Enjoy!